1 jam roll
2 packets portwine/raspberry jelly (follow manufacturer's direction and allow to set)
1 litre custard (I made mine with 2/3 cup of custard powder and 1 litre of milk, boiled until it thickens and let to cool)
500gm fruit salad in syrup (drained, and reserve the syrup)
- Cut jam roll into 1cm slices.
- Line half the jam rolls into glass bowl,
- Drizzle 1/3 of the fruit salad syrup over the jam roll slices.
- Cut jelly into cubes and fill the glass bowl with half the amount of jelly made.
- Pour the custard over the jelly.
- Top with half the drained fruit salad.
- Place the remaining jam rolls on top of the fruit salad layer.
- Repeat steps 4 - 6.
- Whip cream until cream almost triple in volume (but before it turns into butter)
- Using the spatula, layer the cream on top of the trifle.
Note: No cream layer in my pic as it was nearly overflowing, and my partner has to take it into work so I didn't want cream all over the car.