Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas - A Time to Get Drunk

Christmas - drinking with family and friends which kinda inspired me to make these rum balls. However as I don't take alcohol and neither should I compromise my partner's and his workmates' work ethics as paramedics, I thought I had better substitute it with rum essence

Rum balls

250gm plain biscuits (Arnott's Arrowroot, Marie and Nice biscuits would do fine)
3 tbsp cocoa
1 tbsp rum essence (or the real stuff)
395ml condensed milk (1 tin)
1 cup desicated coconut
Extra desicated coconut, cocoa, or chopped nuts, for decoration

Method:
  1. Process the biscuits in a blender until they resemble bread crumbs.
  2. Add in the desicated coconut.
  3. Sift in the cocoa.
  4. Add the rum and condensed milk into the mixture and stir until the mixture sticks together.
  5. Roll into balls and roll over the extra desicated coconut (or cocoa or chopped nuts) for decoration.

No comments: