I love making butter cakes, because it never goes wrong and it always tastes perfect, if not just-good. I basically put in whatever basic ingredients I have left in my pantry as my partner has been complaining that I have too many baking ingredients everywhere. But it is a vicious circle because now that I have finished using them, I need to get more for next time.
1 cup sugar
5 tbsp milk
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
3 bananas (approx 280gm mashed)
- Cream butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add one eggs at a time to the butter mixture, beating with an electric beater after each addition.
- Add milk, vanilla essence and beat until well combined.
- Sift the flour, powder and bicarbonate soda. Add about 1/2 cup flour to the butter mixture and beat well after each addition until all the flours are added.
- Add mashed bananas to the mixture and mix well.
- Batter should hold its shape when combined.
- Line a 12-muffin pan with liners, and fill liners with 3/4 full of batter.
- Drop about 5-8 tiny choc chips (or to your taste) on top of each muffin batter.
- Place muffin tray into a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Celcius for 20-25 mins, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.