But it seems that most cupcakes uses a recipe that is not much different to a pound cake recipe. My pound cake recipe works for me everytime, so I decided to give it a go. Thanks BeeChoo YiYi for giving me this recipe.
Pound Cake Cupcakes with Pistachio Buttercream Frosting
Ingredients:4 oz butter
4 oz sugar
4 oz superfine self-raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp fresh milk
- Cream sugar and butter until thick and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla essence and milk.
- Sieve in flour and baking powder.
- Fold the flour into the butter mixture.
- Scoop out half the mixture into another mixing bowl and stir through the chocolate emulco until thoroughly combined.Fill muffin tray half full.
- For small muffin trays, bake at 190 degrees Celcius for 15 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
- For regular muffin trays, bake at 190 degrees Celcius for 20 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
125 gm butter
1 egg white
70gm icing sugar
30ml fresh milk
60 pistachios blendered into pistachio meal
- Cream butter and half of the icing sugar together.
- Mix the remaining icing sugar with the milk.
- Continue creaming the butter while slowly adding the milk, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate clean greasefree bowl, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the butter mixture.
- Fold the pistachio meal into the butter mixture.
- Buttercream frosting is ready to be iced onto the cupcakes.
Note: Half of my mixture is mixed with 1 tsp honey, and explains why some of the frosting is white.