I am still etchy on making a flat surface on top of the cake without too much cream on the surface. I was so delighted when I found a place that was selling quality icing tips for $0.50 so I bought about $16 worth. Used some of them today but they weren't anything as spectacular as I thought it might be.
The problem is, I got too much cupcakes and cake in the fridge now and I can't make anything else until I finish it.
Cupcake with Pandan Cream Cheese Frosting
100gm cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp ovalette (aka cake stabiliser)
30ml fresh milk
90gm melted butter
- Line a 24 small cupcake size tray with cupcake liners, and a 15cm square tin.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Add in the eggs, sugar, ovalette, and fresh milk.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk / beat mixture until pale, fluffy and the consistency is in the ribbon stage.
- Fold melted butter quickly but thoroughly through the mixture.
- Bake cake and cupcakes in oven at 180 degrees Celcius for 25 mins or until skewer comes out clean. (8 mins for mini cupcakes)
125gm philadelphia cream cheese
90gm icing sugar
1/2 tsp pandan paste
- Beat butter until pale and creamy.
- Add cream cheese and icing sugar and beat until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Icing is ready to be applied to your cake and cupcakes.