1 1/2 tbsps agar-agar powder
a few drops of red and blue colouring
2-3 drops of water
- Boil the water, 50gm sugar, agar-agar powder until the agar-agar powder is dissolved.
- Add blue colouring to the agar-agar mixture and pour into a ball-shaped agar-agar mould.
- Add red colouring to the remaining agar-agar mixture and pour into another ball-shaped agar-agar mould.
- Unmould jelly balls and skewer three or four together.
- In a saucepan, melt the sugar.
- Using a metal spoon, take a spoonful of caramelized sugar and let it drizzle onto the skewered jelly balls while spinning the skewers between your fingers so that the sugar is spun around the jelly balls.
I didn't have any maltose, hence my substitution. Bad bad move. Because 3 hours later, the caramel absorbed moisture from the jelly and started to melt. So I had to eat it all instead of giving some to my sister.