Pandan Paste (will be covered in another post)
Red Bean Paste (will be covered in another post)
100gm glutinous rice flour
Generous amount of cornflour
- Combine the glutinous rice flour sugar together.
- Pour in water and mix until sugar dissolves.
- Pour into a microwave container for 30mins, then take it out to mix before returning it into the microwave again.
- Repeat step 3 again thrice. The total time that the mixture stays in the microwave is about 2 mins, or until it looks almost translucent.
- Generously dust your hands and workbench with cornflour before pouring out the microwaved contents onto the table.
- Roll out rounds of red bean or green bean paste.
- Take about 1/2 tablespoon of mochi skin, using your fingertips, flatten the piece of dough and place a ball of filling into the mochi.
- Wrap mochi.
- The mochi skin dough is very very sticky, so generously dust your hands and workbench with cornflour. I cannot stress this enough.