I made Rice Crispies about a week ago but I used butter that had been sitting in my mum's freezer for god-knows-how-long and had absorbed the smells of a Chinese-freezer. Unfortunately, when making the Rice Crispies, the cooking process was easy but the tasting part was uhmm.. let's say it wasn't what I expected! So off it went to Molly, my forever-hungry Labrador. I forgot to take photos that instance so I had to make it again. This is the result of my second attempt.
Chocolate Rice Crispies
1/8 cup butter
150 gm marshmallows
3 cups Rice Bubbles
4 mini Mars Bars
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add marshmallows and Mars Bars into the saucepan to be melted.
- Stir thoroughly, making sure everything is melted.
- Add in Rice Bubbles and stir until well coated.
- Line a 9" tin with baking paper.
- Transfer the Rice Bubble mixture into the cake tin and using a buttered spatula or a piece of waxed paper, press the mixture into the tin.
- Cut into slices when cool.