Monday, July 30, 2007

Dinner Last Night

In an effort to post a new blog each day, I had to contemplate what easy meal I can cook yesterday so I can post it up today. So following my marbled pebble tang yuan, I thought I'll just post my sweet base soup - sweet potato tong shui.

Sweet Potato Tong Shui








Ingredients:
4 blades of pandan leaves (aka screwpine leaves)
10 slices of thinly sliced ginger
130ml of water
2 medium sized orange sweet potatoes
90gm sugar (or according to your taste)

Method:
  1. Boil water with the pandan leaves and ginger for about 20 mins.
  2. Peel and cube the sweet potatoes.
  3. Add sweet potatoes into the water and let it simmer for about 20 mins.
  4. Extract the leaves out of the water before adding the sugar (optional, but since you'll have to extract it sooner than later, it is better not to have syrupy leaves in the bin that attract ants).
  5. Turn up the fire on the stove and allow the tong shui to come to a boil before turning the stove off.
  6. Serve the tong shui hot, warm or cold.
Note: I used the soup as my base for my tang yuan.

No comments: