Choc Chip Cappucino Muffin with Cream Cheese Topping
Ingredients for muffins:
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cups chocolate chips
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tbsp Baileys
2 tspn instant coffee melted with 1 tbsp hot water.
1/3 cup milk
Ingredients for cream cheese topping:
125 gm cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla essence
60gm icing sugar
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients with the flour - sugar and chocolate chips.
- In a large cup, combine the remaining ingredients together - vegetable oil, egg, Baileys, coffee, and milk - until well combined.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and gently mix until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour into pre-lined muffin trays and bake in a preheated oven for 5 mins in a 190 degrees Celcius oven.
- While the muffins are baking, combine the cream cheese mixture ingredients together and beat for 3 mins or until slightly creamy. The topping is a bit runny.
- Remove muffins from oven and spread some cream cheese mixture on top of the muffins.
- Replace into oven for a further 20 mins before removing from the oven and allow to cool.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar and cocoa for decorations.