Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Another Mix and Match

Wanting to make something different with the current ingredients in my pantry, I found myself this - white choc cappucino muffin with cream cheese topping - from the lazy chef's website. After a bit of tweaking, I've renamed my cupcake. However, I did not quite like the overpowering Bailey flavour and it is definitely not a flavour that I am used to - I don't like coffee unless I am really tired and need a 'ping' to wake me up. The cream cheese was barely tastable but my partner says it is ok, and his paramedic friends lapped it up - but I don't know if it is the "it's free and it's sweet" policy that sees my cupcakes all gone or were they genuinely nice.

Choc Chip Cappucino Muffin with Cream Cheese Topping

Ingredients for muffins:
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cups chocolate chips
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 tbsp Baileys
2 tspn instant coffee melted with 1 tbsp hot water.
1/3 cup milk

Ingredients for cream cheese topping:
125 gm cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla essence
60gm icing sugar

Method:
  1. Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
  2. Add the remaining dry ingredients with the flour - sugar and chocolate chips.
  3. In a large cup, combine the remaining ingredients together - vegetable oil, egg, Baileys, coffee, and milk - until well combined.
  4. Pour into the dry ingredients and gently mix until combined. Do not overmix.
  5. Pour into pre-lined muffin trays and bake in a preheated oven for 5 mins in a 190 degrees Celcius oven.
  6. While the muffins are baking, combine the cream cheese mixture ingredients together and beat for 3 mins or until slightly creamy. The topping is a bit runny.
  7. Remove muffins from oven and spread some cream cheese mixture on top of the muffins.
  8. Replace into oven for a further 20 mins before removing from the oven and allow to cool.
  9. Sprinkle some icing sugar and cocoa for decorations.

No comments: